If you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it (William Thomson).
The Network Operation Center (NOC) is the operational center from which the physical and logical network functionality of Welcome Italia is controlled.
Our technical staff perform constant monitoring to forestall failures, anticipate Customers’ requests for technical assistance and reduce service recovery time in case of failure.
- an advanced monitoring system, designed and created in-house by our developers, every minute detects traffic volumes of the connections and the status of each Customer’s lines
- every second the parameters of the lines in quarantine are checked
- internet traffic is automatically analyzed and divided into types with different priority levels so that the Customer’s working operations do not suffer slowdowns due to low-priority traffic (e.g. operating system updates)
- in the event of anomalous voice traffic (lengthy calls, suspicious international traffic, etc.) the system automatically informs our operators who contact our Customer by phone with information on the situation
is the percentage of disruptions intercepted and forestalled for Customers in the last 12 months
- thanks to our Assurance process, failure notices are handled through strict quality standards so as to minimize resolution times
- Assurance Cases are opened within 5 minutes from notification by the Customer
- within 15 minutes from the opening of the Case, an NOC technician will make a preliminary analysis, classifying it based on the area of competence and its seriousness, for the purpose of establishing its priority and enabling its timely resolution
- the Case is then taken on by another colleague who identifies and removes the cause of the problem
- at the end of the process, a colleague from the NOC or from Customer Service checks with the Customer that the problem has been solved to their complete satisfaction
- the new technologies designed to enhance network performance and security are implemented in a protected laboratory environment before being distributed to Customers.
assistance requests received from Customers
is the average number of assistance requests per Customer
is the percentage of trouble tickets resolved within 4 working hours
systems managed at Customers’ facilities
is the failure rate for systems installed at Customers’ facilities
call-outs by our technical staff or Partners at Customers’ facilities
VPNs managed at our Customers’ facilities
- our engineers work every day to catch the largest number of cases of disruption before our Customers notice them, reducing recovery times for failures and alerting Customers before someone calls them
- William Thomson, Lord Kelvin (1824-1907), Irish physicist and engineer who invented the electric telegraph and is known for developing the Kelvin scale that measures absolute temperature.